This position assists with the technical aspects of studies and experiments, experimental set-up and breakdown, and documentation and preparation of materials. This position may require some weekend rotation.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Assists with research model training and experiments including collection of data, preparation of solutions, preparation of experimental systems and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Prepares experimental/surgical instruments using aseptic and/or sterile technique, including some light construction duties customizing small experimental instruments.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Complies with established safety procedures, complies with research model compliance policies and maintains required documentation on laboratory, chemical and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
- Experience with veterinary assistant/technician skills.
- Experience with ambidextrous fine motor skills for daily upkeep of research models and the custom-made experimental hardware.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
Bachelor’s degree and up to one year of experience in a laboratory setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling four years.
$15.61 – $24.39 / Hourly
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one’s qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget.
To apply, go to jobs.wustl.edu and search job ID JR66183 or click here.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. The screenings will include criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. Benefits eligibility is subject to employment status, full-time equivalent (FTE) workload, and weekly standard hours. Please visit our website at https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/ to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability status, protected veteran status, national or ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation. Women, minorities, protected veterans and the disabled are strongly encouraged to apply.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.