James Voyvodic, PhD
Associate Professor, Duke University
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty advisor: Dale Purves, MD
Dissertation (1988): Development and regulation of dendritic geometry in the rat superior cervical ganglion
- Purves D, Hadley RD, Voyvodic JT. Dynamic changes in the dendritic geometry of individual neurons visualized over periods of up to three months in the superior cervical ganglion of living mice. J Neurosci. 1986 Apr;6(4):1051-60. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.06-04-01051.1986.
- Purves D, Voyvodic JT, Magrassi L, Yawo H. Nerve terminal remodeling visualized in living mice by repeated examination of the same neuron. Science. 1987 Nov 20;238(4830):1122-6. doi: 10.1126/science.3685967.
- Voyvodic JT. Development and regulation of dendrites in the rat superior cervical ganglion. J. Neurosci., 1987, 7:904-912.
- Purves D, Voyvodic JT. Imaging mammalian nerve cells and their connections over time in living animals. Trends in Neurosci., 1987:10:398-404.
- Purves D, Snider WD, Voyvodic JT. Trophic regulation of nerve cell morphology and innervation in the autonomic nervous system. Nature. 1988+ Nov 10;336(6195):123-8. doi: 10.1038/336123a0.
- Purves D, Voyvodic JT, Harris L, Pomeroy SL. “Dynamic aspects of innervation in adult mammals”, In: Signal and Sense: Local and Global Order in Perceptual Maps, W.E. Gall (Ed.), 1988, John Wiley, New York.
- Voyvodic JT. Peripheral target regulation of dendritic geometry in the rat superior cervical ganglion. J. Neurosci., 1989, 9:1997-2010.
- Voyvodic JT. Target size regulates calibre and myelination of sympathetic axons. Nature, 1989, 342:430-433.