Lisa Mackenzie, MS
Human Studies Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2009, BS with Honours, Psychological Science, University of Queensland (Australia)
2019, Master in Mental Health, University of Queensland
Lisa’s field of interest is in medical research, particularly the psychological impact of disease or disorder. She has supported a range of projects including Oncology, Epilepsy, Dementia and Corpus Callosum Dysgenesis. Collaborating with participants who are contributing to medical research is something she has found to be personally rewarding.
- Turner J, Yates P, Kenny L, Gordon LG, Burmeister B, Hughes BGM, McCarthy AL, Perry C, Chan RJ, Paviour A, Skerman H, Batstone M, Mackenzie L. The ENHANCES study: a randomised controlled trial of a nurse-led survivorship intervention for patients treated for head and neck cancer. Support Care Cancer. December 2019; 27(12):4627-4637. doi: 10.1007/s00520-019-04748-7. Epub 2019 Apr 2.
- Mohandas N, Loke YJ, Mackenzie L, Bennett C, Berkovic SF, Craig JM, Vadlamudi L. Deciphering the role of epigenetics in self-limited epilepsy with centrotemporal spikes. Epilepsy Res. October 2019; 156:106163. doi: 10.1016/j.eplepsyres.2019.106163. Epub 2019 Jul 4.
- Mohandas N, Loke YJ, Hopkins S, Mackenzie L, Bennett C, Berkovic SF, Vadlamudi L, Craig JM. Evidence for type-specific DNA methylation patterns in epilepsy: a discordant monozygotic twin approach. Epigenomics. June 2019; 11(8):951-968. doi: 10.2217/epi-2018-0136. Epub 2019 Jun 5.
- Turner J, Mackenzie L, Kelly B, Clarke D, Yates P, Aranda S. Building psychosocial capacity through training of front-line health professionals to provide brief therapy: lessons learned from the PROMPT study. Support Care Cancer. April 2018; 26(4):1105-1112. doi: 10.1007/s00520-017-3929-8. Epub 2017 Oct 23.
- Turner J, Kelly B, Clarke D, Yates P, Aranda S, Jolley D, Forbes A, Chambers S, Hargraves M, Mackenzie L. A tiered multidisciplinary approach to the psychosocial care of adult cancer patients integrated into routine care: the PROMPT study (a cluster-randomised controlled trial). Support Care Cancer. January 2017; 25(1):17-26. doi: 10.1007/s00520-016-3382-0. Epub 2016 Aug 17.
When not at work she enjoys spending time in the natural world. Bird watching and bush walking are favourite past times, as is botanical painting.